Monday, January 14, 2008

Lost & Found

Hola amigos -
I know it's lame to put up old work especially on a first post but I really had to get this ball rolling. Visiting family the last couple of weeks in Dhaka, I've come across a lot of old work that I never scanned, took pictures of or archived. Time for show and tell!





This was done on some down time in Dhaka 5 years ago. My uncle bugged me for a couple of years prior to make him a "painting". I think he was expecting something nicer like some pretty scenery or a tame still life but I guess he never saw any of my previous work;)


Red Dragon(2003), 30" x 20", Acrylic and Pen on some sorta brown board.





Based off of a photograph of 2 really ugly hillbilly brothers standing side by side, I wanted to experiment with a piece that could be rotated and viewed upside down and on its side. An easy excuse for a piece that turned out rubbish and just needs to be flipped or I may have been inspired by a very irritatingly crooked picture frame.


Twins(2002), 30"x20", Chalk on Black Matte Board













A portrait of Wayne from the band Static-X. Hangs in my mum's place in Dhaka.


Static(2001), 16"x16", Charcoal


5 comments:

aermio said...

first to comment, yeah! cool stuff oz.

TJ Phan said...

Yes! Finally get to see your stuff--looking good, man! Be sure to throw animations up as well!

Joe White said...

OOOoooozzzzzz!

cory strader said...

Glad to see you've joined the blog world, oz. It's cool to see your other work, since I've only seen your animation stuff at the office. Nice paintings and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Tanith said...

post more!