Sunday, May 11, 2008

Art of the Title "Se7en"



I'm a huge geek when it comes to title sequences. If they're done right they act as great prologues to films, tv shows or games; they set the tone and direct the audiences emotions.
I came across this great collection of title sequences and it seems that they keep it up to date which is just plain sexy:

ART OF THE TITLE

Kyle Cooper's work for the "Se7en" titles is still my favorite piece of visual anything!...the double visions of Jon Doe's pen writing in his notebooks and sewing them together with his cutoff fingertips as Nine Inch Nail plays in the BG...soooo awesome! The obvious sync up with the song saying "you get me closer to god" with "directed by David Fincher" at the end still cracks me up.
Peek it!


Trivia #1: There's a frame in the Se7en title sequence that's flipped upside down, rotated, smeared and reads "This will be the end of you."
Trivia #2: I have never bothered looking for Trivia #1. Someone just told me it was there.


Kyle Cooper's other work:
www.prologue.com

2 comments:

Alexandra Zedalis said...

wow awesome site. Thanks for posting it! I'm geek for title sequences too. My first favorite was Catch Me If You Can. I would love to be a part of the title sequence world, if only had more design and motion graphics skills :-/

Tanith said...

i really want to watch se7en now! i haven't seen that film since it came out. i didn't even remember the title sequence. most title sequences are done so annoyingly (look at spiderman ugh) that when you do find good ones it's exciting. mostly though i just like movies that give you the title and go. take 'the fellowship of the ring' for example... the title comes on with howard shore's music and then fades away with elvish in the darkness. that's all i need sometimes. other times you get something awesome like 'shaun of the dead' and that rocks my socks too.